Friday, January 5, 2018

#TGIF141

TGIF has a trio of deep cool tones perfect for the chilly temperatures of winter.  Be sure to check out all of the team's takes on the latest color challenge at #TGIF141.
To start I watercolored all three of the challenge colors on Watercolor Paper.  I set that aside to dry and went to work on a focal point.  To the challenge colors I added a touch of Peekaboo Peach and Basic Black Archival Inks to the Flying Home birds and nest.  
Isn't the nest full of birds totally cute?  The image is from the Flying Home Stamp Set.  I stamped it on a scrap of Watercolor Paper which I then fussy cut out.  I enjoy color challenges because they push you into incorporating colors you wouldn't typically use.  What I mean is a painted my tree branch and leaves with navy and my nest with fig.  Those would not be my first choices, but they work and so the color challenge process inspires a little bit of creative goodness.
For the bird nest I wanted a place for it to hang out.  So, I cut a Night of Navy branch of leaves, tied a gingham bow, and sprinkled some Ready Shreddie to create a home for the birds.  Once everything was secured in place I added a dusting of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment