Sunday, August 6, 2017

Creation Station August in My Neighborhood

This month's theme, "August in My Neighborhood," is sure to be an exciting one for the Creation Station Blog Hop.   Why so exciting?  Because the members of the Creation Station Design Team are from all around the world and each of us celebrate something different during this time of year.  The possibilities are huge and that is what makes this particular month's blog hop super unique--you're going to see all kinds of stuff.
In my neighborhood in the month of August it's hot and there is lots to do.  My most favorite activity for this time of year is to head over the hill, a thirty minute drive, to the beach.  I specifically love to go to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.  I get a hankerin' for a ride on the Giant Dipper and an all beef sueprsized corn dog!!
If you have been to Santa Cruz California you know it's a beach town with a super laid back attitude.  To match that feeling I was on the hunt for a cool tie dye technique for paper crafting and found just what I was looking for at Pat Stamps Technique Junkie Newsletter.

The Designers there shared this awesome watercoloring process called Tie Dye Circles.  So, I started out making circles like the tutorial shares, then I ventured off on my own and tried stripes,a rainbow, hearts, and freehand.  You can tweak this technique to make it uniquely yours!  The possibilities are endless.  Here are just a few of my painted backgrounds.
For all three of these cards I used the Lovely Words and Flourish Thinlit sets to make sleeker shaker cards.  What's a sleeker shaker card?  It's a typical shaker card made with a clear envelope instead of window sheets and dimensional.  It's faster and flatter.
Each card has been embellished with Vellum Card Stock floral embellishments, Glitter Enamel Dots and a shoestring tie of bakers twine.
Just take another look at all these awesome Tie Dye watercolor papers that I whipped up.  
I hop you enjoyed checking out what I enjoy in my neighborhood in August!!  From here your next stop is with the super cool Linda van Wely-Zwolle.  
Linda
Mikaela


4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! These cards are exceptional. I really have to try this technique--you really took these cards to a new level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Elizabeth, these cards are works of art! Your tie dye techniques are gorgeous and the color combinations are so bright and fun! Thanks for sharing to how-to videos! xoKathyxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. would you please share how you did the stripes...they are Aaaamazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just stunned, wow, what a great cards! Love the techniques you've used! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete