Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Citrus Color Challenge Chick

We have an array of citrus colors for the latest challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  And I think these colors are perfect for a spring chicken, don't you?  A piece of Pretty Petals DSP on a Very Vanilla card base is how I got things rolling.  Then came the chick from the Honeycomb Happiness Sale-a-bration stamp set.  I stamped it with Soft Suede ink on more Very Vanilla and then I did a simple watercolor technique to fill in the image.  A few tiny flowers punched from the Tree Builder Punch help to anchor the ground and a Linen Thread shoestring bow add visual balance to the top of the card.  The very last touch was the So Saffrom scallop square.  I noticed it was the perfect size for my 4.25" square card, so I went for it--and love it! 


4 comments:

  1. I love the look of this watercolored chick! The little scalloped cardbase is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cuter in person. Make in class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage feel of your card. I love how you colored the chick. Great job with the color challenge. Thanks for being part of the Hand Stamped Sentiments design team.

    ReplyDelete