Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I Freakin' Love Sketches

Over at Hand Stamped Sentiments you can see their newest sketch challenge.  Let me just say that "I freakin' love sketch challenges."  They take you on a creative journey you would not typically take and for me this one was a bit challenging.  Those three elements across the top puzzled me as I was not sure what to do there, but I finally settled for the hearts.
The super cute striped background paper and the black patterned heart come from the Stacked with Love DSP in the Occasions Catalog.  I made my own ric rac using an Envelope Punch Board.  You can see how I do that by checking out this past post.  It's a bit hard to see in the picture but I used the new Rose Coral Chalk Pad on Chalkboard Paper.  Take a close look at the twine.  It's pink and gold and delicious!! I robbed a piece of it from my Paper Pumpkin kit.

3 comments:

  1. Love the heart and chalkboard layer! So creative! The glimmer paper adds so much to the hearts and ric rac. I'm going to have to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative! I love the hearts going this way and that, with the rhinestones in different spots. It's an unexpected take on a plain line of embellishments. Really, really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have me intrigued as to the white layer behind the sentiment. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete