Tuesday, September 9, 2014

These Take Me Back

Double blue and gold--this color combination takes me back to 1983-85 and the "home of the Chargers."  That's right my high school colors are the first thing I thought of when I saw the color challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments.  And let me add it was a HUGE challenge for me.  Why?  Because when I see certain bright color combos such as yellow and kelly green or royal blue and red I immediately think of team or school colors.  So, this was a bit tricky for me to come up with an idea.

I began with Watercolor Paper and did a mix of watercoloring and sponging.  When I say mix I litterally started with using both an Aquapainter and a sponge to apply ink inside my stencils.  Speaking of stencils I made my own tiny butterfly shaped stencils with punches and Window Sheets.  Once the butterflies were dry I did some traditional stamping to add texture and depth.


No comments:

Post a Comment