Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fruit on the Bottom

It's that time for a theme challenge hosted by Hand Stamped Sentiments.  You can use any colors, any sketch, any elements you want, but you have to include fruit.  I came up with a strawberry card which I put together in a less conventional color palette for strawberries.  I would typically go to red of some sort, but instead I let the expertise of Stampin' Up! direct me in selecting Calypso Coral for my main berry color.  The DSP is called Berry Blossom and is now retired (I had an extra few pieces lingering on my stamp table).  The stamp set is in the new catalog and is AWESOME!  It has bold fruit and floral images--I love it.  It's called Fruit and Flowers!




Supplies

  • Stamps: Fruit and Flowers, Tiny tags
  • Inks: Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade Stampin' Write Markers, Gumball Green Pad
  • Papers: Berry Blossoms DSP, Whisper White and Lucky Limeade Card Stock
  • Accessories: Gumball Green 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, Calypso Coral Bakers Twine, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Jewelry Tag Punch

http://seeinginkspots.blogspot.com/2012/07/fruit-on-bottom.html

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh your card is so cute! Love that paper and the strawberry stamp and I think the color looks great for a Strawberry. I am so in love with that new RIBBON!!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute, I like how you matted your strawberry tag with the dp. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I love the strawberry tag, the scallops, and that ribbon detail. Truthfully I never liked paper design...until now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love that you used linen thread to tie the berry onto the ribbon. It's the perfect season for this challenge - so many fruits are ripe and ready for picking! And I'm making raspberry jam today.

    ReplyDelete