Saturday, October 22, 2011

Cool and Frosted

Thanks to such inspiring products from Stampin Up! we can create works of happiness.  This card, which I put together for the Saturday challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary, totally reminds me of being at a cabin up in the snow.  I started with the snowy cabin image which is chilly and cool.  I stamped it twice on a piece of Frostwood Lodge DSP.  I cut out just the cabin and added it directly on top of the second image with dimensionals.  The last thing I added to this card was a few layers of glitter, which for me is the frosting.  I added a thick layer of glitter to the roof of the cabin and then a random dusting to the entire card.  I do believe I should attend GA (Glitterers Anonymous).  My favorite, yet totally random and unplanned, element of this card is the embossed snowflake on the top of the tree.  Can you say meant to be?



I mentioned that I made this for a challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary.  Each of the Holiday Edition Designers have designed cards using this very same sketch (CCMC HOL5).  Now jump on over to the Create site to see more cards featuring this versatile layout.

Stamps - Christmas Lodge
Inks - Garden Green, Early Espresso, & Cherry Cobbler
Paper - Early Espresso Cardstock & Frostwood Lodge DSP
Accessories - Northern Flurry Embossing Folder, Cherry Cobbler Quilted Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love all of the details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the wooden paper behind the lodge cabin. The embossing folder adds a lot of texture without being the focal point. Great job.

    ReplyDelete