Friday, July 29, 2011

Fabric Friday

SCROLL DOWN FOR THE FANCY CARDS SWAP HOP!

Today's fabric project features the new Beau Chateau Designer Fabric from Stampin' Up!  I love the style of this fabric line as it is so French cottage or French flea market in it's coloring and the image styling.  What I have made is an upscaled tea towel.

I cut lots of flowers using my Big Shot and the Fun Flowers Bigz L Die.  Then I distressed the flowers by first getting them soaking wet, then wringing them out, and then rubbing them on a terry cloth towel to fray up the edges.  Before drying them I sprayed them with starch and then I put them on a cookie sheet and put that out in the sun to dry.

I did not want every edge of the flowers to be adhered to the towel.  I wanted a little bit of "messiness" to give the towel a bit more visual movement and interest.  So, to attach my flowers to the tea towel I used bits and pieces of Stampin' Up!'s Fabric Adhesive Roll which is like Heat-n-Bond or Wonder Under.  Then I just stitched across the towel back and forth to add even more panache.

The final touch to give the towel a strong focal point I added the three ribbon rosettes.  Each rosette has a fun button tied with Linen Thread.  I hope you have been inspired to upscale a tea towel.  In fact I might do a few more and have them ready to wrap homemade breads for the upcoming holidays.

Come back next week for another installment of Fabric Friday.

Happy craftin, Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment