Thursday, May 26, 2011

Missing Proud Peacock

I like to challenge myself and create projects without using the "star" or main focal image of a stamp set.  And that is my story for this happy yellow card.  I started with a 6" x 6" Basic Gray card base and folded it in half.  Then I cut a 2 3/4" x 5 3/4" piece of Daffodil Delight DSP from the Brights Stack and took a bite out of the side using the 2 1/2" Circle Punch.  

For the focal point I stamped the floral image several times on another piece of Daffodil Delight DSP using Basic Gray Classic Ink.  I colored the flowers in with the fine tips of Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz markers.

The greeting comes from the Tiny Tags stamp set and the "Partridge Family" bird is an accent piece from the Peacock set.  It is layered on the new Blossom Bouquet punch.  Basic Rhinestones are the finishing touch on the flowers and in the upper corner.

Do you need more ideas for products found in the Summer Mini?  Don't forget to head over to the Create with Connie and Mary site and subscribe for the Summer Mini Edition underway now!! Don't worry, you will still be able to see all of the projects that we have done as well as all the projects from the coming 3 1/2 weeks no matter when you subscribe!

Enjoy and happy craftin, Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment