Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Keeping it Shabby...

...and I should also say shimmery!  My card inspiration comes from the Shabby Tea Room and their challenge for this week.  The photo of the room is so inviting, so I had to join along in the fun.  

For my card I used a base of Soft Suede cardstock and then I layered two pieces of Naturals Ivory cardstock for my focal panel.  I started by stamping my focal panel with the background images from the Style Beautiful stamp set with Crumb Cake and Baja Breeze ink pads.  Then I sponged both of those colors to age the top layer of the Ivory Neutral CS.  The perfect touch for the greeting was to add a piece of old hardware I found in my bits and pieces box.  The same is true for the ribbons.  They are scraps from an old project, but there was just enough to finish my card.  The two blue puffy flowers were made using the new Triple Layer Punch called Blossom Bouquet.  It is a brand spankin' new tool that you can find in the Summer Mini Catalog.
Speaking of the new "Summer Mini Catalog," have you been to Create with Connie & Mary to sign up for the "Summer Edition"?  Remember, keep checking at their site as FREE subscriptions are being given away over the next 2 weeks.  My preview project is coming soon and it is sweet.  So come back soon for a fun treat.

Happy craftin,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. This is be-you-tiful! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love those flowers!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete