Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tag or Ornament?

This Christmas project can either be a tag or an ornament.  I used a piece of balsa wood to make this project nice a sturdy.  I cut two Top Note pieces with my Big Shot; one from Deck the Halls dsp and one from balsa wood.  I used the balsa wood so I had a sturdy base to run silver tinsel around.  First, I edged the balsa wood Top Note with sticky strip and then I carefully ran the tinsel around the entire piece.  Once that was done I covered all the not so pretty parts, what I call the "mechanics," with the Deck the Halls Top Note.  I had a few scraps of Deck the Halls fabric on my stamp table so I used my Big Shot to cut a few scallop circles to make a flower.  I got them wet to easily fray up the edges and to give the flower more depth.  A small Antique Brad gives a center to the flower.  I also got the Vanilla Seam Binding wet to crinkle and distress the ribbon.

1 comment: