Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Artisan Award Winners Blog Hop #8

Welcome stamp and scrap fanatics to our Wednesday hop featuring the last of our scrapbook pages. This page of mine may seem simple at first glance, but there are some subtle design choices that make the page seem effortless. My plan was for a clean line page that directed all focus straight to the photo of my nephew. I took this shot on this page last year at the beach house just before sunset. That is the absolute best time to get great lighting for pictures.

Double click on the photo (provided again by Casey H.) to see a closer look at the detail. Each of the four panels is at a different level with the picture panel being the highest. I purposely wanted it to be the highest/heaviest layer. Another detail on the page is one you cannot see. The "Jared" panel is actually a pocket for a journaling tag. The tag reads: "your quiet smile reminds me of my dad, your grandpa."
The surfer stamp image was embossed with clear (in my clear EP I have bits of white and other remnants of stuff, so that is why there are specs). When it was cool I then stamped the Tres Chic background stamp over the surfer for added interest and "text"ure. To further bring out the surfer I sponged ink over the image and then buffed off the wet ink.



Scrapbook page recipe:
Neutrals Textured, Whisper White, & Soft Suede Cardstocks
Thoroughly Modern Designer Series Paper
Christmas Cocoa Designer Series Paper
Tres Chic & Extreme Surfboard Stamps
Soft Suede Classic & Versamark Inks
Clear Embossing Powder
Chocolate Chip Corduroy Buttons
Button Latte
On Board Loads of Letters
On Board Lots of Letters
On Board Long Board Book Basics (for raising the photo)
Build-A-Brad, Pewter
½” Soft Suede Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon
Linen Thread
½’ Circle Punch
SU! Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder
SU! Table Setting XL Bigz Die
SU! Scallop Square Bigz Die
Dimensionals

Thanks for having a look at today's Artisan scrapbook page project. Come back tomorrow for more close ups of my Artisan entries. Now, it's time to hop over to the very talented Renee Ballard's Stamp Stadium

To start at the beginning of the hop go to Heather Van Duker's Stamptastic blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elizabeth! I didn't remember seeing that there was a pocket for a journaling tag when it was on display at convention. How clever! I love how simple yet WOW this page is!

    ReplyDelete